Sustainable Engineering provides best-practice building science / building enclosure consulting to produce comfortable, healthy, & durable buildings:
- Whole building energy simulation with typical and actual weather including thermal comfort of occupants, natural ventilation, detailed heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC)
- Customized hourly weather files for any location world-wide using Meteonorm 7 software
- Glazing optimization – quick early design simulations including thermal comfort and natural ventilation impacts
- Detailed thermal analysis of building details for condensation and heat loss calculations
- One and two dimensional hygrothermal calculations (transient heat and moisture transport) in multi-layer building components exposed to your local weather using WUFI. WUFI allows estimation of how a construction will perform through wetting and drying cycles. Will it dry out? What is the potential for mould?
- Pedestrian wind comfort studies using Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD)
- Plan reviews focusing on solving or preventing performance problems associated with the enclosures of buildings. Where are the water, air, vapour and thermal control layers in your design? Do I meet the MoE School Weather-tightness and Durability requirements?
- Passive House Institute accredited Building Certifier – Certify to PHI Passive House, EnerPHit retrofit, and Low Energy Building standards – Jason Quinn
- Passive House (Passivhaus) design Certified Passive House Designer – Jason Quinn